Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Off to Chicago

Yesterday I caught a flight to Chicago. Flew into Midway, which I have never done, but I wanted to stay away from O'Hare. Flew on a different animal - Rudy the Raccoon, Frontier plane of course.

Three knitting projects came along, the Sangria skirt, Brian's Dale and the Sindwinder socks. All of the knitting so far has been on the socks, but I am not happy with the toe increases, so I will be ripping back for the 3rd time today.

After setting up for my meetings, it was back to the hotel to change and explore. First stop was Rosebud's - one of my favorite restaurants one block off the Magnificent Mile on Rush and Superior. I had some linguine with shrimp, asparagus, sun dried tomatoes, mushrooms in a garlic olive oil sauce. With a nice glass of Sonoma Cutrer. Of course, I dined outside and worked on the Sidewinders between eating and sipping my wine.

Then it was off to do some shopping along the Mile. I walked and walked, didn't buy much except lotion to match my new perfume Armani Code. So many stores. Lots of temptations.

I then walked back towards the hotel and walked through the Northwestern University Medical Center campus down to Lake Michigan. Beautiful landscaping with some of the biggest Hostas I have ever seen. I was going to knit down by the lake, but after sitting for a while I realized it was PM, so I went back to the hotel.

Well, class is about ready to start. Enjoy your day.

No comments: