Monday, January 21, 2008

Another day in Paradise...

Okay, so I'm wishing I was in a hammock down in the keys sipping a margarita. A girl can dream right? But I'm at home, it's Martin Luther King Day, one of the 13 federal holidays so I am off of work for another day. House bound again. But DH felt bad for me, bundled me up like the Michelin man and off we went to Tokyo Joe's for rice bowls for lunch so I wouldn't go stir crazy. The boys are at school, DH is off shoe shopping, and I'm bored. Oh well. I get to go to work tomorrow so it could be worse. I will start slowly, a few hours a day until I feel normal again.

I'm feeling a little better, but the lungs always start hurting at night. The steroids never made me feel like I have energy. I'm just tired.

By the way, you know what I have been doing? Knitting and watching stupid, cheerleader movies on the Family channel, and What Not to Wear Marathons, and the Food Network, and football.

Knitting. It's been lace lately. I am working on two old projects. One lace project was started in 2005, then was forgotten and I brought it out at the end of December. This is the Leaf Lace Shawl which I am knitting out of Tahki S. Charles Ritratto. I'm thinking I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel on this one. I believe I need 22 full leaf repeats down the center back and I now have 17, so I think 50 more rows and then I can begin the edging. Yes, the end is in sight. This is very pretty. I don't know why I stopped working on it. I need to get to 427 stitches to start the edging, and I need to look at my beads to see if I am adding them or not. Decisions, decisions.

The other lace project is also from the stash. I bought this cashmere in Hollywood, Florida in 2005 or so at the Yarn Tree and when I picked the stole up I realized it was too wide. So it was ripped back at the end of last year, so I now am about six inches into this stole. This is being knit out of Jade Sapphire 100% Cashmere in Amethyst Haze, a lovely purple color. So these are my two lace projects. So no new lace projects until these are finished. And guess who signed up for 2008 the Year of Lace?

Class projects, still working on the mittens, the shawl, Lady Eleanor's fringe, etc. I tried to repair a friend's shawl this weekend and what a pain that was. All I can say is BE CAREFUL WHEN YOU BLOCK LACE!!!!!! Or at least let me help you the first time.

Okay, I'm tired, I think it's time for a nap. It's snowing again. Where's that beautiful Colorado blue sky anyway?

Whoops, almost forgot - Sunday stash report even though it is Monday. The new sock yarn came in from Hazel Knits and it's not scheduled for anything yet. The fair isle yarn for the Cat and Mouse blanket from England arrived (Alice Starmore). Nothing new was started except class projects - mittens. Nothing was finished. I am in the minus column, buying yarn vs finishing for 2008. Is anyone surprised? Okay. I need FOs.

No comments: