Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A never ending sea of entrelac

First of all, here is my alligator. Shoot, I should have plugged him in for you. He is my non-traditional Christmas lawn ornament. He lights up, his mouth opens up and his tail moves. The perfect lawn ornament for a Florida Gator such as myself. Drives DH crazy. Real Christmasy he says. I told him I'd get the gator a Santa hat, but never got around to it. Anyway, I love it.

As you can tell, we haven't shoveled. We spent all Christmas Day inside watching it snow. I spent most of the day cooking, and really didn't get any noticeable progress made on any knitting project. And now, I am drowning in this sea of entrelac.

Okay, I know I am almost done. I went up to the mess I call the yarn room, moved 14 tubs of yarn, the Lantern Moon basket tree, miscellaneous projects and balls of yarn, and set out the two blocking boards end to end. I then dry pinned this baby to see how wide I could go and how long without totally flattening out the entrelac. I wanted 30 inches wide. Dudes, I don't think it's going to happen. I'm thinking I'm going to have to be happy with 26 to 27 inches wide and maybe 75 or so inches long. I think I have 6 tiers left to knit. I looked at it pinned out and figured 3 more side triangles to get the length I want. Will this never end?

On a funny note, my older sister sent me knitting needles from China as part of my Christmas gift. I have never seen these types of needles before, they are the Bamboo Premium Collection, environmentally friendly in sizes 10, 10.5 and 11. I thanked her and told her if she ever decides to come visit me I will take her on a tour of the small shop I call my yarn room and she can be horrified.

I hope you had a great Christmas. I hear the pitter-patter of little feet, so I think the boys are up. Have a good day.

No comments: