Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Look What Santa Brought!

I'm waiting for the ovens to warm up - one for the pumpkin pie, and one for the "eggies" the breakfast egg casserole with eggs and sausage. For some reason the top one is running really warm, so I hope I can figure this out before I need to get the turkey in.

Anyway, we tracked Santa last night on NORAD, and if you haven't done this with your kids it's so much fun to watch his progress around the world as he makes his way to where you live. We put the kids down to sleep as soon as he was done with Newfoundland, because he had worked his way up there from Key West and we weren't sure how soon he was going to hit Highlands Ranch. And the radar showed good ole Rudolph in front, probably because of the snow storm that Santa brought along with him. We have about three inches of snow on the ground already and there is a lot more falling.
Well, the pie and the eggies are in the ovens, a shower is calling my name, the boys are playing their new Game Boys and Nientendos and waiting patiently on the other presents. I hope to knit a lot today in between cooking and opening presents. I wish I had bought champagne for mimosas, got to go check the wine cellar.
Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Purple Princess said...

Merry Christmas. I hope your day went better than your Christmas Eve.