Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Sludge

Things are just not running on all cylinders this morning. I feel like I’m swimming through sludge, and getting no where. I’m on my second diet soda and its only 7:15AM. Maybe it’s because its hump day, maybe it’s because it’s not really fall yet. We were treated to some nice cool weather, but summer is not done with us yet and it’s back up into the 80’s today. Maybe it’s because I’ve got a huge headache and I’m tired. All I know is that I’m swimming through sludge.

I did knit on the train, and I don’t think there are errors. I’m knitting the 2 sleeves of the gift at the same time, and I’m thinking I only have 19 rows to go on each. I’m looking at the yarn though, and I have the 2 balls that are currently in play, but I don’t think that there is enough on them to complete each sleeve, so the last unused skein will have to be worked from both ends. I hate that when it happens. It’s usually when you are so close to finishing and the last thing you want is another end to weave in. Oh well, there are many worse things in life than 2 more ends to weave in.

I’ve got startitis, and I don’t know why. I surely do not need to buy any yarn for the next decade, and I want DH’s sweater done in quick order. I don’t know. Maybe it’s because I want to look at another color. That could be it. I’m working with solids right now, brown for one WIP and green for the other, though I did put up a pair of socks last week which would give my eyes some pretty colors to look at. You know, that just may be it. I can’t wait to get up in the mountains and see the Aspens in their fall glory. I think I need a full assault on the senses of autumn in its splendor here in God’s Country. I’m thinking DH better be prepared to go for a drive – because the girl’s got to knit while she’s enjoying the scenery.

It might be time for soda #3. Boy, it’s going to be a long day. Ladies – you better be able to knit at lunch!

No comments: