Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Fall is here, I think...

Okay, fall is trying his darnest to arrive here in Colorado. Right now it is 42 degrees outside, which I really don't mind at all. For me, this summer had way too many very hot days. I like about a 72 degree day, you don't need a sweater, you can wear shorts, and you are not cold. Yes, I think 72 is my favorite summer temperature.

But fall is trying to arrive. There is one tree that the kids and I call "the push past" tree - the one that always has to be first. (I have to yell at the boys on occasion to not push past people, because it is rude, just because they "have to be first!") Anyway, this tree is always the first to change it's colors, and it is the same type of tree as 20 or so others that line the street as we turn into our subdivision. And it is now bright red, so it's the herald of fall.

So I'm knitting on DH's Black Water Abbey Aran because now I can stand the heat of it on my lap as I knit on the bus and train to work. It's the Red Rocks pattern, named for Colorado's beautiful Red Rocks, so it's fitting that I am knitting this for my Colorado Native DH. Though I am still getting crap from him regarding the fact that I have never knit him a sweater (okay let's qualify that because I probably have 5 or so up on needles that he does not know about, let's say "completed" a sweater) so this will be finished this year, before his October birthday and then I can say "shut up" about a sweater, or you can forget about getting any socks knit for you wise guy.

Well, I need to get to work. There is a beautiful blue sky out there. Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm always glad to see fall's arrival. It's my favorite time of the year. Besides the cooler days and colorful leaves, it's sweater weather!!

Hope to see you on Friday for the Starmore get-together.

Oh... and after 2 weeks of problems, I'm connected again!