Monday, July 02, 2007

A little Koigu anyone?

This is me knitting outside on the front porch. Okay I know I need to trim the bushes, but I'm knitting. I have the house decorated. I put the bunting up for the Fourth of July, along with flags. What am I knitting - Koigu. And I need to knit my Koigu.

(I am going to show you something. Don't count the skeins, because I really don't want to know. It's a down payment on a car - I am sure. Call Knitters Annoymous for what I am about to show you).

I have too much Koigu by anyone standards. ANYONE. I know the stash is huge, and I have so much Koigu. And I'm not parting with it. What is on my lap? A Koigu coat. Lots of skeins.
This is what it looks like. Isn't it pretty? These balls are some more of the yarn for the coat.


What is this? The yarn in the plastic bags is 2 balls of each color of the Koigu for the Mandarin jacket, you know the one, where the back went sailing away on the cruise ship? The yarn in the other bag is replacement yarn - Ouch!

This is an almost finished kimono jacket. The mitred squares are done, it just needs to be finished.

This is a bag of yarn for a long skirt, a top, and a shawl. Yep - all three!

This is Koigu for socks, or mittens, or whatever. Not all the balls I have, just what could fit in this box. (And what I could find).

We have Koigu for scarves,

And shawl(s) - more than one I am afraid.

And last but not least, the Magique Cloak. At last 40 skeins.By the way, this is not all the Koigu in the house. This is bad, really bad.

7 comments:

AuntyNin said...

Seems perfectly normal to me.

Which of us ought to be the more disturbed by that thought?

Purple Princess said...

Mmmm .... I love Koigu, maybe a little shopping and Chez Kathy's Yarn Boutique is in order. You definitely have more than me!

Diane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Diane said...

I love Koigu!!!! It all looks so wonderful. I could handle having a stash like that. Have a great 4th of July!

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't worry about it at all...but if you truly feel you need an intervention I'll be happy to remove some of this so you don't overdose. That's what friends are for!!

Anonymous said...

And the problem is...??

However, if you're uncomfortable with your Koigu stash, I agree with Sharon. I'll be glad to take it off your hands.

I'm looking forward to seeing some completed Koigu garments. Glad to hear that you're going to continue with the Mandarin jacket. One day, I'll make one too.. in reds.

Anonymous said...

I am glad you came to KK last night, it was great to get to know you better! I am looking forward to our get away in Oct!