Sunday, July 15, 2007

What a week!

I flew to Detroit on Monday. It was supposed to be my last trip of the summer teaching Laws of Arrests to Inspectors. And everything went according to plan in Detroit on Tuesday and Wednesday. We then got on a plane Wednesday afternoon and flew to Indianapolis. When we arrived there, I called the domicile and that's when things went crazy.

We were asked when we could get there and basically hit the ground running. There was a Postal carrier that had been missing and hadn't been seen since 9AM that morning. It had only been reported to the Inspection Service about 1 hour ago. So we got there as fast as we could and they started handing out assignments. I ended up being the public information officer. I had a short training class about 3 years ago, but had never been on live TV. So after having about 1 1/2 hours sleep in 40 hours I did 5 TV interviews, 3 of which were live. I was live on the radio and spoke with 3 newspapers. I did manage not to swear or give away information that the press did not need to know. But I had the carrier's picture all over the news in Indy. I flew back home on Friday and was supposed to fly back this morning to relieve the PIO who filled in for me.

Well, our guy was found yesterday. He's in a whole lot of trouble - he was trying to walk away from his life. I can't wait to find out all the details. Guess what - he was recognized by someone who had seen his picture - I did good!

So I am not going to Indy in 3 hours. I have my life back, and last night got a decent amount of sleep. And I got to have a pedicure and knit on lace while having it done. My travel schedule will be much decreased. I still need to teach Field Legal in Indy at some point and have to go to DC in August (HOT - YUCK!)

But I am home with the boys. The tomatoes are growing. It's a beautiful day out there. The only thing that could make it better is buying a new pair of shoes at Nordstroms.

No comments: