Kicking my arse, to borrow an expression. That’s what an incredibly simple lace pattern was doing to me on the train this morning. A lace pattern of 6 rows, that I normally could do almost with my eyes closed. And it kicked my arse. So as I ripped back for the 3rd time, you see I spent more time ripping than knitting, I wondered why I was screwing this up.
So I came up with a few reasons:
1. I was in no mood to go to work. I have a telecom today on a case which I hate from the bottom of my soul. I never, EVER, wanted to work labor law, and this case from hell has been dragging on. So I get to talk to the judge today, along with this idiot, and see what she wants us to do. I want to win the lottery tonight so I can ship this case off to my boss and never, EVER, work another labor case.
2. I have so much to do before I get the kids on the plane tomorrow that I am feeling disorganized and frustrated, which is what the knitting has become. But I cast these socks on last night because I thought they were idiot knitting. Maybe I was the idiot who was doing the knitting.
3. I’m tired. But I’m always tired. Nah, not the reason.
4. I can’t count. Well, I can count, but maybe I wasn’t paying attention.
5. Someone’s alarm that wouldn’t stop beeping, albeit it wasn’t very loud, was driving me nuts like the drip of a faucet, and I wasn’t paying attention to my knitting.
6. I turn 50 in a month. I’m already getting stuff from AARP. Yes, it’s AARP’s fault.
Oh well, I need to re-knit the eight to ten rows I ripped back. Hey Leanne www.purpleprincessknits.com, I’m getting SO MUCH PLEASURE out of using this yarn for the fourth time!
Hey – where’s the snow we were supposed to have this morning?
Enjoy the day, hey go ahead and rip something back for the heck of it!