Friday, January 12, 2007

It sure is cold!

It's cold. It was 1 degree outside when I left the office. That's just cold. And it's snowing. Mind you it's just that pellet snow that looks like the white candies on non pariels, and it doesn't stick to anything, but it still is snow. And there's black ice. But it could be a lot worse. How about that huge ice storm? Guaranteed to break trees, power lines, you name it. Yep, it could be worse.

I promised yarn and there it is. The socks are the Kitri socks and already on needles. Unfortunately I have to pay too much attention to them, which does not work while I am studying. Back to the shawl. The sock yarn next to that is some new yarn from All Things Heather. I will probably use a size 2 needle on this, maybe for a sock by Anne over at Knitspot. The other yarn is for a beautiful shawl I saw in the fashion show at Stitches East. It's Blue Heron and I can't wait to make this. I had some material (silk and silk velour) dyed to match and am having a skirt and top made to wear with the shawl. Hopefully to wear on the Sea Socks Cruise one night.

I am in the middle of a war of the minds with one of my sons. He is a picky eater, and stubborn to boot. He didn't eat his supper last night, and I'll be darned if he is going to pull that crap on me tonight. So there he sits, it's been over an hour,and all he has to do is finish an egg sandwich. The future will be full of these wars. Oh my, give me patience.

I got a new toy today - a Blackberry for work. I think it's fun, my husband thinks it's an electronic leash. At least now I have my calendar with me.

Man, it's cold. I'm turning on the fireplace. Time to knit!


No comments: