Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Sucking the Life out of Me...

Do you have one of those projects? It will be gorgeous when it is done, but oh my goodness, as my friend Diane would say, "It's sucking the life out of me!" It appears never ending. If it is a shawl, you swear that it hasn't grown an inch, and heaven forbid that the thing ever gets blocked. If it's a sweater, it's not even close to the time of year to wear the thing, because it doesn't seem like it WILL EVER GET DONE, and you still need to knit the sleeves. Or what about the other sock? The first one was fun, but now the second one is just another thing to be added to the list of unfinished projects. I have about 4 or 5 of these projects, 2 of which are coats, and one of them is the grey shawl. I want to wear them in my lifetime. I just am sick of knitting them. I think that is why I start so many projects. Life is too short for knitting to feel like a chore. Oh well, back to the grey shawl.....

No comments: