Wednesday, October 25, 2006

So where is the snow?

Here's the deal. All day long I have received weather alerts on my computer - blizzard warning, 8 to 15 inches of snow, wind gusts up to 50 miles an hour. And I'm thinking, what a great thing, I can knit all day long! So, it's supposed to start tonight, but it's 9:15PM, and there's no snow. No sprinkles, not even any rain, and I sure don't hear any wind whipping through the Aspen trees in the backyard. My thermometer says it's 53 degrees. Was this a test, getting us ready for the 3rd, yes count them, 3rd snow of October? I don't know. I thought I could still see the mountains when I looked out the window. Hmmm. I wonder what I will wake up to tomorrow morning, or maybe tonight? What's nice, our powerlines are underground, so we probably won't lose any power if this storm actually happens. As long as we have some wine in the wine cellar, and can dig a path next door to get some beer from the keg that is always ontap, as far as I am concerned, it can snow all it wants. I have yarn, I have needles, I have yarn for one, two and 3 glass of wine sweaters (how many glasses of wine you can drink while working on your sweater and not have to rip out what you knit). All I'm looking for is some snow...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just to be on the safe side, I bought some of the lighted needles... you never know when you'll have to knit in the dark. Never let it be said that I'm not prepared!