Sunday, April 22, 2007

Itsy Bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dots on that bikini

I could have crocheted this. But are you kidding me? Maybe Tim over at String could have whipped this out for me, or Cassidy or Kate for our cruises. But mine would have had to allow for the many additional areas of skin that are on an almost 50 year old body.

Instead, this went home with me yesterday. Boy, I don't know. I may have lost the weight, but I still have baby belly. And I don't know if a million sit ups could fix it. My husband picked out this suit. I think I need to take him to the eye doctor. He must think I'm still in my 20s.

The cruise is this Saturday. How did it get here so fast? I need to figure out what I'm bringing. There's requirements for the classes, but they list worsted weight yarn. I really don't use worsted that much. I need to go through my class yarn bag and see what is in there. I have plenty of DK. Oh well, what are they going to do if I bring the wrong yarn - kick me off the ship? Make me walk the plank? Send me to the bar? Yeah - send me to the bar.

Thought I would get the pink shawl done last week, but not much knitting was done. It's not that I didn't have some time, I'm still in that funk. I need something that I just have to work on. Is it just lack of Spring Fever? I didn't even hit a yarn store in LA. I could just be on system overload. My husband said, why don't you design something last night, when I said I should go knit, but nothing has my attention. I have some ideas in my head. Who knows?

I'm thinking of going back to school to get an LLM in Tax (Master of Laws in Taxation). I don't know. I went to college for 13 years already and have enough degrees to paper the bath room. I received a letter from an attorney who teaches at DU, so I need to talk to him to see if it is feasible that I could practice in this area and do it part time. Decisions, decisions.

Enjoy the day, it sure is pretty outside.


2 comments:

Purple Princess said...

OMG that is the ugliest thing ever. I can't believe anyone would waste their time making it. I like what you bought. Very nice. You should do your own designs, you would be very good at it.

Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

Oh I so wish I could be with you on that cruise! Sorry, hi, it's Jo here, checking in from a quiet evening in West Cork, Ireland. And I DO want to go on that cruise! Why didn't I know about it earlier? Would I feel totally incapable and unable to do anything? Yes. Would I join you at the bar? You betcha!