Thursday, November 23, 2006

A Day of Thanks

It's 4:30AM. The house is quiet, everyone is asleep except mom and the cats. Before the chaos of the day begins, it's time to stop and give thanks for the past year. It hasn't been a bad year. We are well, Brian and I are still gainfully employed. Sure there have been disappointments and setbacks, but in the grand scheme of things, nothing was that bad. My mom's recent eye surgery went well. We are living inGod's country. There are projects that didn't get finished, people who have recently royally pissed me off, but again, when you compare it to everything else, it wasn't that bad. We have friends and family, a roof over our heads, and a amazing yarn stash, who could ask for more? Well, I have some cleaning in the kitchen to do, a turkey pan and rack to find, a pie to get in the oven, and some koigu that is calling my name before the parades start on TV. Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Kathy!