Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Playoffs and Socktober

I decided to knit a pair of socks for Socktober. I cast on the Tyrolean Stockings from the Fall Interweave Knits. I am using Green Mountain Spinnery Vermont Organic Wool in a cream color. The yarn is a nice wool, although I am picking a lot of grass or whatever, out of it. It shows the pattern nicely, but right now the yarn is pretty coarse. I am hoping that after a soak in Eucalin it will soften up nicely. If it does, this wool will be on the list for some future aran sweaters and a pair of socks for DH for hunting. I went down to a size 2 needle to try to make the stockings a smaller size, and I am using flexible Pony double points which I am not liking. I didn't want to use my Darn Pretty needles, because there are cables and twisted stitches. I have been known to snap double points on pattern work socks, so the Ponys had to be used. The tips are like stumps though, so I don't like them. We shall see what happens - can she snap a flexible plastic double point?

I thought I would have a lot of finished objects in September, but that didn’t happen. I was knitting on too many things at once, and not just on one thing at a time (like who can really do one at a time I ask?) So, October needs to be a FO month. I have DH’s sweater to finish, a pair of socks, Lady Eleanor and Icarus to name a few. I need more knitting time, less working time.

Today is the first day of the playoffs for the Rockies. Too cool. My boss is a Phillies fan, and since the Rockies are playing the Phillies, he totally understands my need to leave work early to go watch today’s afternoon game. I am hoping to combine some organizing in the yarn room with watching the game, and some knitting of course!

Another beautiful day in God’s Country, enjoy!

5 comments:

Purple Princess said...

Enjoy the game! I don't like the pony pearls either but they are hard to break. I won't say immpossible because you just might be the first!

Judy said...

Kathy, please email me.Thanks, Judy

JakkiMitch said...

Yea!! HooRay!! Go, Rockies! I've got a 2nd sock to finish that's been lingering untouched for a couple months. So I've made a pledge -- finish it before game 3 of the NL playoffs!

Anonymous said...

I'm helping the Rockies win by not watching the games. I don't want to jinx them!

Anonymous said...

Hi...me again. Have you joined Ravelry? If so, what's your screen name there? I was browsing the groups section and see that there is a group of Gator Knitters. Just an FYI.