Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Trains

I knit on the train. Granted it’s the light rail and my trip is only 27 minutes long, but that’s what I do.

What I like about knitting on the train is that it is my time. I plan what I want to work on that day, and that’s what I knit. I might not knit on the same thing for weeks, but that’s also part of knitting on the train. Each day brings a choice, and the opportunity to enjoy my time doing what I love.

I choose my project, my knitting bag, whether or not I want to read or listen to my Ipod at the same time, and I look forward to my knitting. Be it lace, fair isle, socks or a sweater. I like it all.

Traffic jams don’t bother me. It can snow all it wants. I’m not stuck in it.

Who wants to drive? Not me, I’m knitting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How I wish that the light rail would get me to 9th and Colorado... and later the Fitzsimons campus. Oh well, I can think about knitting.