Sunday, December 04, 2011

Christmas Cactus

2011-12-04 07.12.42.jpg by Mountain Purl
2011-12-04 07.12.42.jpg, a photo by Mountain Purl on Flickr.
Aren't they pretty? I don't know how they know to bloom in December, but my Christmas Cactus always seem to know.

Update on the knee - after a long three and a half weeks, I think I might have had a turning point this weekend. I have had to have the knee drained three times since the surgery, and the last time was Wednesday morning. The knee kept swelling above the knee cap, which in turn shut down my quad muscles, so basically all I had was dead weight.  For a week I had a splint from upper thigh to ankle to immobolize the knee and control the swelling.  I have kept off of it (yes, I am SO sick of crutches, been on them for 3 weeks now) and it doesn't appear to have filled up. Yeah! I am walking on it a wee bit around the house and I am hoping that this is the end of this ordeal - except for the Coumadin for 3 months, and I can work on strengthening my leg.

Knitting - working on a baby blanket, a cowl, and a sweater. I hope to soon have some FOs to share. My knitting mojo had left during most of the knee ordeal, and now I finally feel like knitting again.  Looking forward to knitting during the Bronco game later today.


I applied for a new job and was given a job offer.  I am going through the background check process now, so when that is done and everything is finalized I will be happy.

Reading, well it's almost my birthday, so I need to update the list:

Books read since December 15, 2010

37.  Finger Lickin 15 by Janet Evanovich
38.  Cat Sitter Among the Pigeons by Blaize Clement

1 comment:

BammerKT said...

It's a daylight thing just like when African Violets bloom. They know because they get the right amount of light for the right number of days plus they have been watered enough.

Don't you love em? They're beautiful!