Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Wednesday...

I joined a new knitting group. The sweater club. We meet on Wednesdays at 10AM at String in Highlands Ranch. And, we knit sweaters. And we talk, and eat lunch, and knit and talk. This as my second time knitting with them. I found this group last week when I walked into the store, looking at the yarns for potential projects for classes to teach. Yes, that's right. After about 10 months or so, I'm thinking about teaching knitting again. So while I was in the store, I sat down and knit with the group. On a skirt. Oh well, I didn't have a sweater with me in the knitting bag. They are a nice groups of gals.

I went to Stitch and Pitch with the girls Friday night - Sharon, Sheri, Kris, Robin and Denise. And I saw Judy there, and Cathy (thanks for the book by the way!). I also saw people from the Denver Knitting Guild. We had a great time, although the Rockies didn't win.

I've been reading a lot, since I now have time. I have recently finished First Family by David Baldacci, Dyed in the Wool by Mary Kruger, and Back to Blosson Street by Debbie McComber. I have been going to the library at least once a week. I got in the habit when I was taking the boys to meet with tutors over the summer. And yes, I read while I knit. I use a book weight to hold the pages open.

As usual, I have many sweaters on the needles. I am hoping fall will bring many finished objects. Can you believe it's only 4 months until Christmas?

No comments: