Monday, August 31, 2009

Julie and Julia

I just got back from the movies. Funny, I can't remember the last time I went and saw a movie that wasn't a child's movie. I thought and thought and frankly couldn't remember. I think DH and I went one on a day we had off from work, but it must not have been a memorable movie. Today I went with the girls - Patty and Laura and we saw Julie and Julia. I liked the movie.

Even before seeing the movie, knowing the premise of the movie, it had gotten me thinking. And after seeing the movie, I know how Julie felt, the feeling that you haven't really accomplished anything, and you have started many things, but not completed them. The need to set a deadline. And go for it. And it struck a chord.

Because I have seen some things that others have accomplished, and I have thought to myself I can do that. And I have felt some jealousy, and then I have told myself, they have gone after what they have wanted to do, and are now succeeding. And I also have told myself "You have Not!"

So I think it is time to stop talking and start doing. Because I can't really think of anything I have tried hard for in a very long time, except passing the Colorado Bar exam. And I have some things up my sleeves that I want to try, so I need to try and if I fail, try again. Some I will blog about, and some I'm just going to keep to myself. For now :)

2 comments:

Joanne said...

You've been tagged. Check out the meme on my blog and give it a try!

cheryl said...

Just got done reading Julia Child's "My Life in France". Loved it and the movie. The book really gives you insight into her struggles at becoming the great cook and cookbook author that we know today. Worth the read. Good luck on retirement, I love it.