Sunday, August 02, 2009

Sunday Musings....

It's August 2nd and I find that a little hard to believe. Because it's been three months since I retired but it doesn't feel like a quarter of the year has passed.

I have been busy. The boys and I have been together pretty much 24/7 since the last day of school on June 5th. And now, we meet with their new teachers on Wednesday and they go back to school on Friday. We have gone to the pool, and on many walks with the dog. We have been to Rockies games and have eaten out way to often. There were many baseball practices and baseball games, which all ended yesterday with the last games of the season. The oldest's team beat the only remaining undefeated team in the bottom of the last inning 10-9, and I'm proud to say he had 2 RBIs as part of that score. The youngest had his last hit sail into the outfield, and I was so happy for him. They ended up tying, but to 7 year olds, that's the same as a win!

We have been to some beautiful state parks this summer - Cherry Creek, Castlewood Canyon, Chatfield, Eldorado Canyon, Eleven Mile, Golden Gate Canyon, Mueller, Roxborough, and Spinney Mountain. Whether we will go to any more before Friday, I am not sure, but I had fun hiking with the boys and playing in streams and lakes.

Knitting. Well, I have knit, but I don't know if I have one FO to show for it. But that is okay. I bought myself some new tools, wonderful needles and books. I will have time to work on the projects that interest me the most. That is, if I get away from the time suck that is Ravelry. It's so easy to spend hours on the computer, and not knitting!

I also have started to spin. It's not perfect by any means, it's lumpy and bumpy, but it's getting better with each time I sit down at Bella. Bella, my wheel.

I also have a sock knitting machine that needs attention. And my new sewing machine that is still in it's box, yet to be unpacked.

But it's all okay, because I soon will have time. For me. Time to work out, time to read, knit or do whatever I want, even lay by the pool. Drive my new car. Because school starts Friday. I love my boys, but, oh boy August 7th! Who's counting the days?

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Welcome back to the blogging world!