Happy New Year 2014!
Yes, it's been a LONG time since I have blogged. Not quite two years since I have last posted.
Let's just say that I am not sad to see the back end of 2013. The last year, maybe longer, has been a rough one for me. With fracturing two teeth from probably gritting my teeth at work, since there is no evidence that I have ever gritted or grinded my teeth while sleeping, was the icing on the cake for what can only be described as a SUCK year to year and a half. I have never been so unhappy and disheartened about things in my life. And having dental surgery and a permanent reminder in my mouth, well, it makes me angry.
Here's hoping that things will finally be turning around for me.
So, I decided to get back to blogging and make some resolutions and goals. So in the spirit of Jonathan Edwards, http://www.desiringgod.org/articles/the-resolutions-of-jonathan-edwards
"Being sensible that I am unable to do anything without God’s help, I do humbly entreat him by his grace to enable me to keep these Resolutions, so far as they are agreeable to his will, for Christ’s sake."
Here are my resolutions and goals.
1. Be a better Christian
2. Be a better mom and part of my Family
3. Be better friend
4. Work on my patience
5. Find a new job
6. Lose some weight, 12 pounds would be lovely
7. Walk and average of 10,000 steps per day
8. Work on finances to be where I want to be when the boys enter college
9. Clean and keep at least the bottom floor of the house "Company ready"
10. Re-do the gardens in the back yard
11. Read a book a month
Knitting and crafting Goals
1. Stash reduction, knit, spin, crochet, sew and cross stitch mostly from the stash
2. Knit 14 pairs of socks
3. Knit 7 sweaters
4. Knit/crochet 14 other items
5. Spin a little at least 4 days per week
6. Sew more
7. Cross stitch more
8. Design at least one thing
9. Knit socks from A to Z, find a pattern starting with each letter of the Alphabet and start keeping track of the patterns knit on a list
I think this is a good start.
Here's wishing you a Happy and Healthy New Year.