Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

Here's DH and the boys at the spillway at Evergreen Lake. We went up there after church and had a nice time walking around the lake and then going into town to get pizza and ice cream. A nice relaxing afternoon with the boys to celebrate Father's Day.

What's on my needles? Well, I was busy going to my sons' ball games yesterday and couldn't attend any World Wide Knit in Public events, but as usual I was knitting in public. I cast on the Lacy Skirt with Bows from Greetings from Knit Cafe, in the hope that it will be one of the items I will manage to get done before Knitting Camp next month. If I can knit this skirt in a week, I may be on track. I have a sweater I would also like to knit, but I might be pushing trying to get that done too, along with 3 other projects that need to be finished. (I know, I know, way too optimistic!)

I am waiting for my new roses to start putting out new growth. If they are going to make it, I should see some progress this week. The others are starting to flower, and as long as the wind doesn't beat them to death and break them, they look beautiful.

Well, here's hoping this week will be a good one. Enjoy the rest of your day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Evergreen lake is one of our favorite places! I love walking around the lake, it is so pretty!

You are going to have so much fun at Knitting Camp! :)