Sunday, September 21, 2008

Texture

My knitting and focus on projects has been a little different lately. Those that know me, know that I am a small needle girl, most of my projects, we are talking sweaters here, are knit on size 2 through size four needles. And, I am a fan of colorwork and complicated designs.

But lately, I have becomed enamored with texture. And I am using worsted weight yarn on size 7 needles for almost all of these sweaters. I have one sweater, the February Lady Sweater, that has the lace body. I have the Silver Belle on needles, that is just one cable after the other, as is the Aran Wrap from the Fall issue of Vogue Knitting.

And then throw in two Norah Gaughn designs. One is a coat, and the other a cardigan.

Texture, texture, texture. I just can't seem to get enough of it. Yes, a different focus for me, but I like it. Luckily I have been able to fit in a lot of knitting lately, at the boys' football practice, at their games, and at the Rockies game last night, because I have so much on the needles that I want to WEAR!!! And class projects to finish, but we won't go there right now will we?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having fun with your knitting projects! I love the different textures too! I am knitting a fall purse with bulky wool and the pattern is a double seed stitch.......love the texture it creates!

I miss seeing you! Hope all is well!

Anonymous said...

Maybe it is a Fall thing? Maybe the power of positive thought (i.e. your knitting with heavier yarns) is your subconscious telling the weather to COOL OFF already.

It is just a thought.

(And yes, I am a bit grumpy because of the extented warm weather - why do you ask??)