Monday, December 24, 2007

Twas the Night Before Christmas

I can't believe that it is Christmas Eve already. I knew this was going to happen. A rush, rush, rush, with no time to sit back and enjoy the holiday until it is over. And here we are. Christmas Eve.

And it's a a typical one. Throw in a fight with the in-law's (DH's), having a flat tire on the way home from the fight at the in-law's, an unexpected large car repair bill (unrelated to the flat tire - that was on the loaner vehicle) again DH's, staying up too late wrapping presents, planning to cook too much for a small family dinner tomorrow. I feel like one of those made for TV movies where an angel is about to appear.

But we had one stop and help DH change the tire on the loaner car. He was a nice young man who was on his way to cook his mom a Christmas Eve dinner. There are nice people in the world.

So I have been knitting. The top photo is Lady Eleanor. I have 2 balls of yarn to go. I am tired of entrelac. But there is a light at the end of this tunnel. Maybe I will knit on it tonight.
And then there is the hoodie. My row gauge is a little off, but I am thinking it should block out because I am not starting it again. You can't really see the cables, but they are pretty.
Then there is some lace. I pulled out an unfinished shawl. I needed to work on some lace, so I am trying to finish up some projects.
I hope you all have a Merry Christmas, and may God bless you and your families in the coming year.

No comments: